This was a wonderful space to hang out in and share our thoughts! But now we've all moved on and simply left our memories behind :-) ...

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Conflict (Michelle)


I could hear Jack screaming my name. It wasn't very clear. It seemed so far. Suddenly, everything came back into focus. I could see Tom alternating concerned glances between me and the road from his rearview mirror.

''Daniella, are you ok?'' Tom asked.

I nodded. Beads of sweat on my forehead. I opened my mouth and closed it again. I looked at Jack who’s expression seemed concerned and hurt. He gazed into my eyes like there was an answer deep down inside and turned away welcoming the hot breeze on his face.

''I'm sorry Jack, I didn't mean to space out like that. You just took me by surprise''. I looked at him, my eyes full of apology.

"Its ok'' he mumbled and continued staring out of the window.

My head felt heavy. I felt like I was being immersed in a whirlpool of emotions. Anger, sadness, regret, compassion, hurt...and love...

I was tired of this wait. It was taking too much out of me. It was throttling me like a python around its prey. It was mocking me and laughing at my cries of hope.

Hope.

All I have left is that one word...

7 comments:

  1. wounderful ...intersting...story...well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) whos next? it l will turn the story i guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.........
    the turmoil in Jack and Daniella's mind has been well portrayed.... a wonderful love story blossoming here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ->raghu

    thanks!

    ->vishesh

    coool!!

    ->sam
    thanks sam! heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michi ur quite the story-writer ha WOW! Deep expressions knitted into neat writing. Very well-done!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michi ...you have expressed it very nicely ...

    ""Beads of sweat on my forehead""

    :))

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  7. ->keshi

    thanks kesh...the way u began the story was really perfect..in fact i think beginning the story was the most difficult task :)

    ->poo

    thanks poo!

    ReplyDelete