This was a wonderful space to hang out in and share our thoughts! But now we've all moved on and simply left our memories behind :-) ...

Monday, April 16, 2007

Family bonding in Goa (Rajiv)

Firstly, I must apologise for not getting here often. I, of course, give all my valid reasons to the wife here! Ok now about the topic(s) this week. I choose to write about "My favorite holiday".

I've been on many trips around the country and out. I've also been organizing my company's annual trip for the employees for the past 4 years and have taken people to Corbett, Pushkar, Khajjiar and recently to Chail (You can read up about the last two trips in Ishita's blog).


But my favorite holidays have been the ones I have had with my family and of those the best by far have been our two trips to Goa. The first one was back in Nov 2005 with Ishita. At that time we left Vedant behind. We stayed in South Goa at resort named "Old Anchor" and had a relaxing time. But hearts of heart we missed Vedant and while in Goa, we had already decided to make yet another trip in 2006 and take him along too.

We made the second trip in October 2006 and this time we stayed closer to Panjim City at a nice resort Cidade de goa. We chose this place as the sea here is not as rough as the one's in South Goa or North Goa beaches and would be ideal for Vedant to play at the beach. He however preferred to be in the resort pool!

The time spent there was truly memorable and fun. Personally I feel Goa each time has been a new experience and I can see myself going back there over and over again with my family. But I have a feeling Ishita is now eyeing foreign shores and would like to explore the beaches of the South east asian countries or make that long awaited trip to her see her brother's family in the US.

You can read up her posts on both the Goa Trips we've made here
and here....and see the pics in her blog "My pics"

16 comments:

  1. oh so this is what u were so busy working on while I got dinner ready??! :P

    nice post :) and nice pics of course....brings back memories!

    But I have a feeling Ishita is now eyeing foreign shores and would like to explore the beaches of the South east asian countries ... aisa nahi hai na :) .. any plc is good enuff :)

    or make that long awaited trip to her see her brother's family in the US... this is ofcourse true :)... next year hoga na?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post with beautiful faces. Loved it. tnxx Rajiv!

    Ishi u look gorgeous in the pic.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice note...
    and good luck for unexplored foreign territories.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull pictures, good to see them again...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a ha..

    kya pictures hai wahhh!

    u never like holidaying in mumbai
    :( :( :(

    awwww mera dil thodh diya aapne !!

    nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

    lolz

    btw lovely pics n post :)

    me suchi n mala wer planning to go to goa.. n yeah ishi is a package deal :D :D :D

    lolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW !! nice pictures .... and Goa is my Fav 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup remembered reading the post abt Goa on Ishita's blog.

    I hear so much abt this place Goa. Makes me curious.:)

    And u guys look awesome in the pics..:D

    A really lovely post.:)

    ~Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ ishi .. US ka done :)! and btw I loved your new post "She" in "The Creative Corner" ... you should write more :)

    @ keshi ... Thanks! Doesn't she always? :) but what about me ;-) ... don't u think I deserve a second look too?? :)

    @dj ... welcome to the blog :). Thanks for your wishes.

    @ southpaw .. thanks! I hear u lived in Goa for a while? U liked the pics only? not the place?

    @ uttara .. I hate mumbai :p :)) ... dil todne mei main toh ustaad hoon hi! On a serious note Ishi is the one who loves mumbai...main toh ussi ke chalte pahucha :) but glad to have met u there...*wink* *wink*

    @ poo .. thank u :)

    @ jewel rays .. you should make a trip there. Last year we almost decided on Singapore instead of Goa...who knows we might have met u there? :) Thank @ lovely post and "awesome" pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww Rajiv ur a very handsome dude...need I even say that :)

    And Vedant is soooo cute!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having lived all my life 500 mtrs away from the seashore i m literally sick and tired of sand, the noise of the waves and the humidity. Yes i lived in Goa for 3 straight months and by God they felt like 3 yrs to me, thanks to the booze, bombils and pomfrets i survived...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. heyyy i've been to chail.. a very beautiful place... was there for my honeymoon... :)))

    n goa.. well.. havent been there since a long long time... will plan something soon...

    nice pics around... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. RAJIV!! ( yes in caps shoutinggggggggg )

    **dil todne mei main toh ustaad hoon hi!

    yeah USTAAD ho aap!!

    **main toh ussi ke chalte pahucha :) but glad to have met u there...*wink* *wink*


    if u wouldnt have said the latter i would have come there n personally strangled u .. lolzz



    miss u guys re it was soo much of fun na ??

    ReplyDelete
  13. its always nice to look at this pics... i love it!! ^_^

    cheers**

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Keshi : Thank you, Thank you and i am a guy straight out of Mills & Boon if u have ever read that...TDH hehehehe

    @ Rajbir : I guess there is an exception to every rule.

    @ Neha : My family loves Goa, u live so close to the place ab tak to kayee bar ja chuke hote

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Uttara : Tumhe to dekh loonga, strangle wangle woh bhi dekh loonga, dilli aa rahi hoon...keh keh kar dimag kharab kar diya aur end mein dhoka, dhoka....

    ReplyDelete